All technical devices come with a warranty period, and so do welders. It’s a very important aspect for the welder buyers as it ensures the safety of their investment on a particular unit. Different welder manufacturing brands have their own unique policy of warranty. Here is a brief summary of the warranty policies offered by some of the best welder brands.
To claim Miller’s True Blue Limited Warranty you must notify Miller in writing within thirty days of any such defect or failure, and Miller provides instructions on the warranty claim process to be followed. So here are the warranty periods of the parts and components covered by Miller’s True Blue Limited Warranty;
- 5 years parts and 3 years labor: Original main power rectifiers that include diodes, SCRs, and discrete rectifier modules.
- 3 years parts and labor: Engine driven welders and generators, wire feeders, plasma cutters, process controllers and transformer.
- 1 year parts and labor: Motor-guns, remote controls, TIG torch, water coolant system, foot and hand controls, plasma cutting torches, etc
- 6 months and 90 days parts warranty: Batteries and guns respectively.
However, Miller’s True Blue Limited warranty doesn’t apply for the following;
- Consumable components
- Items that are furnished by Miller but not manufactured by Miller.
- Equipment modified by other party.
Hobart honors warranty claims on all the warranted equipment listed below, if the tools encounter any failure within the warranty periods. Warranty periods of all the equipment start on the delivery date of the unit to the original retail purchaser, and not to exceed twelve months after the unit is shipped to a North American distributor or eighteen months to International distributor. Hobart offers the Hobart 5/3/1 warranty policy.
- 5 years warranty: Includes the parts and labor of equipment including original main power rectifiers, reactors, stabilizers and transformers.
- 3 years warranty: Parts and labor of all the equipment like drive systems, idle module, PC Boards, rotors, stators and brushes, solenoid valves, spot welder transformer, switches and controls.
- 1 year warranty: All the small gadgets are included such as accessories, torch guns, contactor, spool guns, remote controls, water cooling systems and some specific batteries.
To claim the warranty it is very important that you inform the Hobart customer service within 30 days of the equipment failure.
Hobart 5/3/1 warranty doesn’t apply in three conditions;
- All Consumable components
- Parts of the unit that are manufactured by any company other than Hobart.
- Any equipment that has been modified by other party.
Lincoln assumes both the parts and labor expense of repairing defects during the warranty period. All warranty periods offered by Lincoln start from the date of purchase. The warranty is liable only if the equipment is purchased from a Lincoln Authorized Distributor or Lincoln Authorized Service Facility.
- 3 years warranty: All Lincoln welders, wire-feeders and plasma cutters.
- 2 years warranty: Gadgets like auto-darkening helmets and passive helmets.
- 1 year warranty: Electrode, guns, controllers and other welding or plasma cutting supplies and accessories.
- 90 and 30 days warranty: Gun and cable assemblies, and specific consumables respectively.
Lincoln’s limited warranty doesn’t apply to some conditions;
- Cable wear or the consequences caused due to weary cable.
- Some equipment that are not manufactured by Lincoln.
If you wish to invest a few more dollars, the warranty period can be extended up to 5 full years in case you are a citizen of US or Canada.
Everlast standard warranty is for all the Everlast equipment purchased from an authorized distributor or retailer, in case of any failure. If the equipment becomes faulty within 30 days of the purchase, then the company covers the shipping charges both ways when the device is shipped for replacement or repair.
- 5 years warranty: All Everlast IGBT based inverter devices including welders, plasma cutters and multi-process units.
- 3 years warranty: All Everlast MOSFET based inverter systems including welders, plasma cutters and multi-process units.
- 6 months warranty: Accessories such as guns, torches, foot pedal or cables that are supplied with the equipment as well as those which are bought separately from authorized facilities.
The units sold by authorized agents within US are warranted against breakage, malfunction or failure caused by manufacture defect for a period of five years following the shipment date. It exclusively covers parts and labor during the warranty period. The standard warranty is not liable for consumables and torch guides.
Everlast also offers 30 days satisfaction guarantee. If you are not satisfied with the functionality of the unit, or due to shipment damage, you can return the equipment to Everlast and get a full refund or replacement.
ESAB offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all its products. In case of any defect or failure of any warranted equipment or parts, you need to provide ESAB complete details of the equipment, along with the information about the or defect, to which ESAB determines whether to have the unit returned for inspection and repair or to handle else way.
- 3 years warranty: MIG welding or GMAW equipment including manual as well as semi- automatic power sources and wire feeder, and GMAW controls.
- 90 days warranty: GMAW torches.
- 3 years, 2 years, 1 year or 90 days warranty: SAW equipment and all other kits, guns and accessories.
ESAB warranty doesn’t apply on;
- Aftermarket equipment or parts.
- Composition of the unit or components that are not manufactured by ASAB.
Forney repairs or replaces any warranted part or component that fails due to defects in the materials or workmanship, within its particular warranty period. Warranty is activated from the date of original retail purchase. Here is the list of warranted equipment under Forney 5/3/1 or 90 days warranty;
- 5 years warranty: Original main power rectifiers, transformers, stabilizers and reactors.
- 3 years warranty: Drive systems, motors, PC Boards, switches and controls.
- 1 year warranty: MIG guns, contactors and regulators, relays, plasma cutting torches, and other accessories.
- 90 days warranty: Replacement parts.
Forney’s any of the limited warranty doesn’t apply on any consumable component.
Longevity offers the industry’s best warranty of 1 to 3 years on all equipment including welders, plasma cutters, transformers and inverters, and 6 months warranty on guns, torches and controls. The warranty policy doesn’t apply on consumable components.
Longevity also offers risk-free 30 days trial, and by any chance if the unit malfunctions or breakdowns, Longevity covers all the charges for 48 states within America and replaces the unit as per customer’s demand. It also covers both ways shipping charges, and assures to ship the replacement of the equipment immediately if the unit reached dead on delivery.
The Eastwood Company warrants of all new welding and cutting equipment to the end-purchaser that the unit will be free of defects in workmanship and material. The warranty periods begin on the date of purchase. On notification, Eastwood confirms if the product and defect is covered by the warranty and determines if it needs repairing or replacement, which is finally processed.
- 3 years warranty: Welding equipment, plasma cutters and other accessories including guns, torches, controls, etc.
- 2 years warranty: All sorts of welding helmets.
Eastwood’s warranty doesn’t cover any consumable components of the unit or its parts.
60 days satisfaction and money back guarantee is also offered by Eastwood. If you aren’t satisfied by the function of your unit, you can return and get full refund within 60 days of purchasing it.
AHP warrants all its welding or cutting units for 3 years, to the end-purchaser, and all other accessories, except consumable components, for 6 months. It also offers 30 days satisfaction guarantee, and in case the equipment or its parts become defective within 30 days after the purchase, the company covers not only the repairing charges but also both ways shipment charges.
Lotos technology warrants all the units and equipment bought from the company for period of one year after the purchase date. In the one year warranty period, if the equipment or its parts malfunction, the company covers all the repair or replacement charges. Lotos also offers 30 days satisfaction guarantee. The Lotos warranty period can be extended up to 3 years with some investment.
All equipment manufactured by Tweco has certain warranty period based on material and workmanship. Here is the list of warranty periods related to welder products, and the equipment covered by each;
- 3 years warranty: DC welders and other power sources.
- 2 years warranty: Auto-darkening helmets.
- 1 year warranty: Spool guns, water coolers and smoke collectors.
- 180 days warranty: MIG guns and plasma torches.
- 90 days warranty: Remote controls and replacement repair parts.
- 30 days warranty: All other products manufactured by Tweco.
Hot Max provides a very simple and specific warranty on its machines. For parts and labor, all the welders and machines are warranted with 2 years limited warranty, and 90 days warranty on all guns and hoses. The warranty applies only to the products manufactured by Hot Max.
All Metal Man units are liable to certain warranty period served by the company.
- 3 years warranty on plasma cutters.
- 1 years warranty on all welders and parts, including plasma cutter torches and welding helmets.
Metal Man provides the least warranty to its welding equipment when compared to all the other brands.
You must have noticed that all the brands have almost distinctive warranty policies, but every brand follows a common rule; all warranties are void if the equipment malfunctions due to improper installation, careless handling or incorrect operations. So I personally recommend you to handle your tool correctly, with care.