Power and Applications
Lincoln EasyMig 180 is a reliable industrial welder designed to weld thick steel and aluminum materials. Its output ranges from 30A to 180A, making it ideal for light industrial MIG and Flux-cored welding.
This versatile MIG welder offers maximum duty cycle of 30% at 130A and can weld up to 3/16 inch thick metals, good enough to accomplish any welding job, whether you are a farmer, fabricator, hobbyist or a backyard mechanic. No matter if you are a novice or an expert; it has been built in such a way that anybody can use it with minimum difficulty.
Portability and Flexibility
This welder is comparatively heavy and weighs around 66 pounds, but you can easily transport it by using a cart.
Lincoln EasyMig 180 runs on input power of either 208V or 230V. It can also be powered by generators and it requires a generator with maximum 6900 watt.
Some special features of Lincoln EasyMig 180 are;
- Diamond core technology allows the welder to deliver an excellent out-of-position arc action, a forgiving arc, low spatter and a wide voltage sweet spot at a given wire feed speed every time.
- Industrial cast aluminum drive feature, in which the dual gear-driven drive rolls deliver positive traction. The patented split wire guides always ensure optimal wire alignment and critical conductivity is aided by a brass-to-brass gun connection. Torque is improved by the large industrial closed-design drive motor, which also enhances trouble-free performance.
- No hassle tool-less design necessary for quick input power changes, mounting wire spool, wire drive service and polarity changes.
- Spool gun ready, which can be used instead of the MIG gun. [easyazon_link identifier=”B00CP96KJO” locale=”US” tag=”pickwelder07-20″]The spool gun 100SG[/easyazon_link] that comes with the equipment can be plugged to the welding machine and used in order to enhance the performance of feeding aluminum wire.
- Toughest PC board protection in the Industry, which has been potted to seal sensitive components from the environment. The welder is trayed in a tough plastic tray to add rigidity to the internal system and make the equipment more shock resistant.
Here are some advantages of having Lincoln EasyMig 180;
- Eco-friendly and safe for the environment.
- Strong, rugged and resistant to shock and vibration.
- Easy to use and convenient.
- Quick and easy to setup.
- Offers weld with low spatter and higher arc performance every time.
- This welder is heavier when compared to the others and needs an additional cart to transport.
- It can’t penetrate much thicker materials when compared to some welders with equal capacity.
- Its maximum output power is only 180A, which is much lower than other welders of the same category.
Cost and Warranty
Lincoln EasyMig 180 has all the features that a welding hobbyist can seek. It’s a very affordable tool, looking into all the aspects of the device, the cost is considerably low.
In such a good deal, you also get along the benefits of the Lincoln’s special 3 years warranty. In case any technical defect is encountered during the warranty period, you can get free replacement or cost free repairing service. You can also invest a few bucks to extend its warranty period up to 5 more years and enjoy prolonged benefits.
Lincoln EasyMig 180 is a versatile and very powerful tool with numerous benefits. But if you need a more powerful tool capable of penetrating heavier materials, either Hobart Handler 190 or Forney 318 is a better option.
If you still have some doubts about the welder, I recommend you to check the reviews and best price: