The Pokémon game started as a simple RPG for the game boy. It has since grown into an empire after about two decades.
Following the game introduction in the ’90s, the game has expanded very fast, and to keep up with the increased demands, Nintendo has been releasing new video games of Pokémon in long succession.
There have been new Pokémon, new features and new regions and many more.
The generational list of Pokémon has been a testimony to the franchise influence as it stands in a vital spot of the gaming world, and it has motivated many of today’s famous titles.
Numerous Pokémon titles have been selling fast on the Nintendo platform, with new schemes still in the plan. We will be going through all the Pokémon games in chronological order of release, and you’re going to see the charming features of these pocket monsters.
Summary of All Pokémon Games in Order of Chronological Release
The table below provides summary details of the below-listed Pokémon games in their order of release.
|POKÉMON RED, BLUE, AND YELLOW||September 28, 1998 (Red & Blue) October 18, 1999 (Yellow)||Game boy||Nintendo|
|POKÉMON GOLD, SILVER, AND CRYSTAL||October 15, 2000 (Gold & Silver) July 29, 2001 (Crystal)||Game boy colour||Nintendo|
|POKÉMON RUBY, SAPPHIRE, AND EMERALD||March 19, 2003 (Ruby & Sapphire) May 1, 2005 (Emerald)||Game boy advance||Nintendo|
|POKÉMON FireRed AND LeafGreen||September 9, 2004||Game boy advance||Nintendo|
|POKÉMON DIAMOND, PEARL, AND PLATINUM||April 22, 2007 (Diamond & Pearl) March 22, 2009 (Platinum)||Nintendo DS||Nintendo|
|POKÉMON HeartGold AND SoulSilver||March 14, 2010||Nintendo DS||The Pokémon Company Nintendo|
|POKÉMON BLACK AND WHITE / BLACK 2 AND WHITE 2||March 6, 2011 (Black & White) October 7, 2012 (Black 2 & White 2)||Nintendo DS||The Pokémon Company Nintendo|
|POKÉMON X AND Y||12th of October 2013||Nintendo 3DS||The Pokémon Company Nintendo|
|POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY AND ALPHA SAPPHIRE||21st of November 2014||Nintendo 3DS||The Pokémon Company Nintendo|
|POKÉMON SUN AND MOON / ULTRA SUN AND ULTRA MOON||18th of November 2016 (Sun & Moon) November 17, 2017 (Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon)||Nintendo 3DS||The Pokémon Company Nintendo|
|POKÉMON: LET’S GO, PIKACHU! AND LET’S GO, EEVEE!||November 16, 2018||Nintendo switch||The Pokémon Company Nintendo|
|POKÉMON SWORD AND SHIELD||November 15, 2019||Nintendo switch||The Pokémon Company Nintendo|
Below is the list of the Pokémon games in chronological order of release:
1. POKÉMON RED, BLUE, AND YELLOW – Pokemon Game Link
This was the game that started it all, and this is the first title in the Pokémon franchise.Also Read: Free Xbox Live Codes no Surveys 2022
- It was initially released in 1996 in Japan.
- It is a straightforward game to play. You will need to select a pocket monster at the start of the game, and then you get to you’re the world making use of the selected monster to war against other trainers.
- As you journey, you will accumulate more Pokémon and contest against eight gyms, also called Minibosses.
- Similar to all the paired games on the Pokémon series, the red and blue are almost identical. The significant difference between them is that one is exclusive to the other version.
- There will be a need for you to link your Gameboy with a friend to catch every one hundred and fifty other Pokémon, which is the primary aim among trainers. Or better still, get a copy of the yellow Pokémon.
- The yellow Pokémon is an advanced adaptation of the red and blue, which was released after a year.
- The difference is that the player begins the game with Pikachu. And also, the team James and Rocket’s Jessie replace several of the old team members. And lastly, there are various graphic enhancements and updates.
- It is an intriguing title that connects more players to the Pokémon universe.
- The three games are applauded for their interesting RPG elements and innovation.
2. POKÉMON GOLD, SILVER, AND CRYSTAL – Pokemon Game Link
This is the second generation game of Pokémon.
- The Gold and silver Pokémon was released to North America in October 2000.
- The apparent changes are the new items, new battles, moves, and many more.
- Nintendo released the adaptation of the Pokémon Gold and Silver in July 2001.
- The gold and silver version has advanced features of animations and graphics.
3. POKÉMON RUBY, SAPPHIRE, AND EMERALD – Pokemon Game Link
The third generation game of Pokémon was released on March 19, 2003 (Ruby & Sapphire), and on May 1, 2005, the Emerald version was released.
- The debuted Ruby and Sapphire came with the introduction of one hundred and thirty-five (135) new Pokémon.
- It has dual battling.
- Team Aqua and Magma, who were opposing factions threatening to arouse the most potent pocket monster, were also added.
- Ruby and Sapphire include three main screens, which are, the menu, the field map, and the battle screen.
- Another feature added is the Special Abilities, which gives each Pokémon more confidence in battle.
- The new characters of the Emerald version have new green-coloured suits.
- Players catch Pokémon to develop as the game unfolds.
- You should try this game out and find out if you can become an elite trainer.
- This version of Pokémon was not as prominent as the first two generations of Pokémon games, but they are still the best selling and the most iconic titles.
4. POKÉMON FireRed AND LeafGreen – Pokemon Game Link
This is the first game to be remade by Nintendo as a measure to increase their already waning popularity.Also Read: Roblox Bee Swarm Simulator Codes in 2022
- It came out on September 9, 2004.
- The first generation of Pokémon was remade with fresh features and graphics to become this version.
- You, as the player, will need to head back to the Kanto region beginning from pallet town. You will start a journey so you can evolve to picking on master and gran all the 150 pocket monsters.
- You will need to train your Pokémon and best all eight (8) gyms, a.k.a mini.
- Then you will test your luck against the Elite 4, who are the most fearful at the indigo plateau.
- This Pokémon version is the best second selling game behind Sapphire and Ruby.
5. POKÉMON DIAMOND, PEARL, AND PLATINUM – Pokemon Game Link
This is the fourth generation of the Pokémon game, which is the first game for DS handheld. It was released after the launch of the upgraded DS lite.
- The diamond and pearl came out on the 22 of April 2007. While the platinum on the 22 of March 2009.
- It consists of new features of the new Sinnoh region, plenty of powerful legendaries, and 107 additional new monsters .
- This fourth-generation game has features like trading, online leaderboards , and battling.
- After about two years later, an improved version of Diamond and Pearl was released by Nintendo, which was called Pokémon platinum. It has a similar story and battle frontier.
6. POKÉMON HeartGold AND SoulSilver – Pokemon Game Link
This game is the second remake of the game version of Pokémon.
- It was re-released on the 14 of March 2010. The remake version brings back the Sun of about a decade to the original Gold and Silver titles.
- It has new sound effects , graphics, mini-games, mechanics, and many more.
- It was an excellent job done by the Pokémon team, maintaining the quality of the original title as they bring them into the modern world.
7. Pokémon Black And White / Black 2 And White 2 – Pokemon Game Link
This fifth-generation was released on the 6th of March 2011(Black and white) and on the 7th of October, 2012(Black 2 & White 2).Also Read: Roblox Promo Codes for Robux 2022 – Free List, Tips & Guides
- It released 156 new pocket monsters.
- It introduced various unique mechanics which include, online networking and innovative battle styles.
- The Black 2 and White 2 were released less than a couple of years later.
- It has the same remarkable pool of monsters and the Unova region.
- The games were praise by all sides, including both the critics and casual players.
8. POKÉMON X AND Y – Pokemon Game Link
This is the sixth generation of the game Pokémon.
- It was launched on the 12th of October, 2013 amidst anticipation.
- It has 72 new monsters, mega evolution, a complete 3D environment, and a new typing first Pokémon.
- The X and Y Pokémon have similar features but are not dependent on each other.
- The storyline is inspired by France, as you journey through the region of Kalos, a land of history and culture.
- As you embark on your journey, you will fill your Pokédex and also dream big.
9. POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY AND ALPHA SAPPHIRE – Pokemon Game Link
This is the third remaking of the Pokémon series.
- The original version of Ruby and sapphire titles was remade after about a decade.
- This improved version takes you back to Hoenn.
- You will face team Magma and Aqua as you fight to save the world and achieve your aim of Pokémon mastery.
- It has a 3D visual and an online feature.
- This version remains on the 3DS platform and is still accessible.
10. POKÉMON SUN AND MOON / ULTRA SUN AND ULTRA MOON – Pokemon Game Link
This is the seventh generation game. The Sun and Moon were released on the 18th of November, 2016. And on the 17th of November, 2017, the Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon came out.
- It added 81 new species and also remarkable regions adaptation of creatures.
- As you begin your adventure, your skills will be tested as you take on Kahuna to become very strong.
- The ultra-Sun and Ultra Moon has new characters, and you will travel across the island.
11. POKÉMON: LET’S GO, PIKACHU! AND LET’S GO, EEVEE! – Pokemon Game Link
This game is also another remake version.
- It is the remaking of the original blue and yellow games.
- You will journey through Kanto again, but this time around with a Fever or Pikachu by your side.
- It was released on the 16th of November, 2018.
- You can see the Pokémon characters as they wander the world around you.
- All you need to do is link up your account and enjoy all the exciting features this version has to offer.
12. POKÉMON SWORD AND SHIELD – Pokemon Game Link
This game is the Right (current) generation game that was released on the 15th of November 2019.Also Read: Best Sources for Covid-19 Information
- It is the last of the Pokémon chronological listing order.
- It is also the first new and different game to come out of a hybrid switch console.
- The precise changes are the fresh and developed 3D graphics, dynamiting Pokémon, and open-world areas.
- It has 81 Pokémon and is full of intriguing adventures that are new.