There are several reasons for it to be caused, and we have covered many errors and their fixes, for you. But, today we would talk about the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. This error is very likely to cause your computer's system to freeze, resulting in the screen to turn blue.
If you are looking forward to know about this error, and how to fix it, keep reading this article till the end, and you will get all your questions answered.
Let's start with the basic information.
The PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error occurs when there is a problem occurring in the system of your computer. When the screen turns blue, a verification of the error appears as a message. The computer shuts down itself in order to prevent any further damage to be caused by the respective error.
Now, let us discuss the causes behind this error, so that you would be able to fix the error, easily.
The error has to be within the system. If the problem is unable to be fixed by some initial and basic tweaks, then there is a fair chance of it arising from the hardware section.
Most often, you are likely to detect the error by reading the dialog box on the blue screen, keenly. If you do so, you would see ntoskrnl.exe written just beside the title of the error. In most of the cases, the error occurs due to the outdated drivers or the ntoskrnl.exe inconvenience. If you are a Windows 10 PC user, then you might get bothered by such inconveniences.
The operating system of your Windows 10 computer is updated on a regular basis. At keeping up with these frequent updates, certain drivers often fail. This lacking of the drivers' ability to update results in the blue screen of death to your computer.
Whereas, if we talk about the ntoskrnl.exe, it is a very basic Kernel service which is responsible for keeping a check on the flow of data monitoring. You can also say that the role of this service is to make sure that the whole system of your device is running properly. It monitors the system of your Windows 10 PC. There is no doubt that this specific Kernel service plays a vital role in the monitoring of the computer's system. Hence, when the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error occurs, the ntoskrnl.exe service also freezes.
However, you can deal with both of the problems, the ntoskrnl.exe freezing, and the outdated drivers, at the same time, and that by using the same methods.
You might be wondering what are those methods, no? Do not worry! Like always, we have got your back! You do not have to waste your time on surfing the internet to find methods to fix the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error, knowing that some of those might even be the scams. We have made a list of some reliable, yet relevant methods to be used in order to fix the respective error.
But, before moving any further, you should know that why is it important to fix this problem.
Why you should Fix the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA Error, Right Away?
Suppose that you let the blue death of screen linger on the screen of your computer, not taking it seriously. This way, are you getting your computer in more trouble? Yes! You are! Hence, it is very important to fix the problem as soon as it comes to your knowledge.
If the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error has been occurred due to the ntoskrnl.exe failure, then there is a fair chance of your Windows 10 PC going into the restart loop. This means that you might not be able to operate your computer normally again.
Also, if you choose a poor method of fixing which would only solve the problem, temporarily, then the error would keep occurring. This repetition of the error occurrence can lead the device to lose the important data storage, causing the inconvenience in the memory section of your Windows 10 PC.
Now, without any further delay, let us talk about the fixing methods of PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error.
Following are the methods listed to fix the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error:
If you are facing the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error, then the first thing you should do is to check the Windows 10 computer's RAM. Since there is a fair chance of a Kernel server causing the problem, by checking the RAM of your computer, the cause of the error would be clearer to you.
In order to check the RAM of your Windows 10 PC, follow the easy steps mentioned below.
1. In case of not being able to operate your respective computer, install the Memtest86+ on another computer.
2. On the completion of the previous step, you can move the file to the external hard drive.
3. In the BIOS, set your Windows 10 PC to boot from an external device.
4. Once you have done the previous step, restart your Windows 10 PC.
5. The Memtest86+ would appear, in a while after restarting.
6. Now, the memory test would be started without any further delay. Be patient, meanwhile. Let the RAM testing be finished, properly.
7. In case of no error being detected, you shall know that the problem has not been caused due to an inconvenience in the RAM of your device. Hence, try the next method.
It is also possible that the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error has been occurred because of the third-party attacks. Such matters are responsible for the faults in the software of your computer.
To fix it, you should delete the faulty software from you device, immediately. Also, you have to make sure that you do not use the software again. You can always find its replacement by doing a little effort.
This way, you would be able to fix the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error, in case of being caused by a faulty software.
On the blue screen of death, you get to see usbaudio.sys written just beside the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, then you should get a hint that the error has been caused due to the inconvenience in the audio or display driver. Hence, without any further waste of time, you shall start fixing the respective problem by following the easy and simple steps mentioned below.
1. Open the Device Manager.
2. Now, proceed by locating the audio or display driver.
3. Once you have done the locating process, right-click on the located file.
4. Now, you can select the option to uninstall the respective audio or display drive.
5. As an alternative, you can also consider to roll back the driver to its default settings.
6. The PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error should have been fixed by this time, but if not, then you should try to uninstall or update the other drivers which might be inappropriate to use in their present state of working.
If you are a Windows 10 PC user then you should always keep your system up to date. If not so, a fair range of technical errors might be faced by you. The operating system of your device should get updated just as the update gets available.
A smart way of performing the operating system update is that you unplug all the hardware attachments from your computer, and the after each update, plug them back, accordingly.
This method would help you in fixing the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error, if the error would have been occurred due to the outdated operating system. Try your best to keep up with its maintenance! Otherwise, be ready to face the technical inconvenience often.
As mentioned before, there is a fair chance of PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error occurring due to the problem in the system of your Windows 10 PC. To solve that on a broader scale, follow the easy to understand steps mentioned below.
1. Press the Windows and S buttons, simultaneously. This way, you have opened the search bar of the windows, successfully.
2. On the search bar, type cmd.
3. A list would soon appear. From that list, you have to locate the Command Prompt. Once done, right-click on it.
4. Proceed further by selecting the Run as Administrator option.
5. On the Command Prompt, type chkdsk/f/r, and press Enter. This way you have run the command.
6. In order to confirm the command, press Y on the keyboard of your device.
7. Next, press the Windows and R buttons, simultaneously. This way, you have opened the run box.
8. Just as the run box appears, type mdsched.exe, and press Enter.
9. Now, once you are done with the previous step, proceed further by selecting the Restart now, and check for problems (recommended) option.
10. Soon after you do so, the restarting process will begin.
11. Within 30 minutes, the process will end.
12. All what you have to do is check if the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error appears on the screen during the scanning process.
This is an easy way to fix the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error. Once the screen of death appears, recall what recent activities you did. Undo them all. If you had installed a new application to your device, uninstall it. By doing so, you might get to operate you Windows 10 PC back, normally.
The core system operation of your device might also get messed up by the third-party programming attacks. If you have installed an antivirus software in your computer, it is good for you. But, keep in mind that the constant updates require to be done by the antivirus within, often affect the updating of the main system.
In order to fix it, all what you have to do is disable the antivirus program for a while. The process would hardly take a few minutes. After that, you can enable the respective program again.
As risky as it might sound, it is by far the most convenient method to apply, because by doing so, you would not face any drastic change to your computer.
This method is all about disabling the file size management. If you want to apply this method on your Windows 10 PC to fix the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error, then follow the easy to understand steps mentioned below.
1. Press the Windows and E buttons, simultaneously. This way, you have opened the File Explorer of your computer.
2. When you see the option saying This PC , then right-click on it, immediately.
3. Now, select the Properties option.
4. Click on the Advanced System Settings.
5. From the Performance section, click on the Settings.
6. Now, you can proceed towards the Advanced Tab.
7. Click on the Change option.
8. An option saying, " Automatically manage paging file size for all drives," will appear on the screen. See if the option is unchecked.
9. Once done, click on OK. This way you have saved and applied the changes.
10. Later, close the window. Now, you can restart your Windows 10 PC to check if the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error has been fixed or not.
In case of any error occurring on your personal computer, you can always update the operating system as well as the device drivers. We suggest you to manually update the drivers. You can always visit the manufacturing site to check if a new version or any update has yet been available or not. By doing so, you can always keep up with the latest versions of the respective system operating files.
By using an updating program application, you would be able to see the devices which need to be updated. This way, fixing the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error or any other kind of error on your Windows 10 PC would become a lot easier task to perform.
If you are willing to restore the Windows 10 PC system back to its default settings, you can do it by using the Windows Advanced Options. If you perform this restoring task, you are taking a precaution which is going to prevent any possible error to be occurred on your device.
If you want to do so, follow the steps mentioned below.
1. Start off with shutting down the Windows 10 PC.
2. Now, turn it back on.
3. While your Windows 10 PC is booting, you are likely to see a white text on the black screen of your computer.
4. In accordance with your personal computer's settings, press F8 or F2.
5. Until the Advanced Settings option appears, keep pressing the respective key.
6. Once appeared, you can locate the Last Known Good Configuration written on the menu. Press Enter.
7. By doing so, your Windows 10 PC system will restart with its default settings.
Once you have restarted the computer with its original settings, you can easily disable the memory cache of your windows operating system, in case of the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error still being occurred.
All what you have to do is follow the simple and quick steps mentioned below.
1. Restart the computer.
2. While the system is booting, press F12 or F10 keys, continuously. Hold onto the key.
3. Later, a menu will appear on the screen of your computer.
4. Select the Disable Memory Cache option from the menu.
5. Restart your Windows 10 PC, once done with the previous steps. Patiently, wait for the booting process to end.
6. On the turning on of the computer, you can press the Windows and the R keys, simultaneously. This way, you would navigate to the Run box of the system Windows.
7. There, type chkdsk/f/r C: and press Enter.
8. Wait for the command to get completed. Once done, it would detect all the possible causes of the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error.
If you are willing to apply this method on your Windows 10 PC, because you are being bothered by the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error, then all what you have to do is follow the steps mentioned below.
1. Go to the My Computer drive. Right-click on it.
2. Select the Properties option.
3. Now, go to the option of Advanced System Settings.
4. Go to the Performance Settings section.
5. Proceed further by going to the advanced tab.
6. Now, you can uncheck the Automatically Manage Paging File Size for all Drives option.
7. Click on OK. This way, you have successfully saved and applied the new changes.
8. Restart the computer.
Since it is very likely to have an inconvenience building up in the memory region of the system of your computer, you should always consider running a memory diagnostic on it. This way, you would be able to detect any default which might be present, leading to the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error.
Follow the steps mentioned below.
1. Shut down the Windows 10 PC.
2. Now, you can either remove the battery of your laptop, or unplug the power cord of your computer.
3. Now, disconnect the RAM strip.
4. Reinsert the RAM strip, properly.
5. Restart the Windows 10 PC.
6. Check if the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error has been fixed or not.
Sometimes, the situation the situation gets so bad that you cannot even start the computer, at all. In such a case, you can try to apply the repairing process after booting the system.
To do so, it is important to get into the safe mode, but that might not be a very easy task.
Follow the steps mentioned below, and see if the respective methods helps you in fixing the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error.
1. Go to lock screen.
2. Press the Power button.
3. Press the Shift key, and keep it pressed.
4. Now, click on the Restart option.
5. Again, press the Shift key, and hold onto it.
6. Now, you are likely to see the statement of Please Wait appear. Do as directed.
7. When you have waited enough, a new window will be appeared.
8. Select the option saying Troubleshoot .
9. Now, once you are done with the previous steps, you can go to the Advanced Options.
10. Choose the Startup Settings option. Later, select the Safe Mode .
11. Now, restart your computer.
13. Now, you will be back to the normal mode of booting.
14. In case of the reoccurrence of PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error, a minidump file will be created by the system. In such case, consider going back into the safe mode.
15. On reaching the blue screen, open the dump file.
16. There, you would be able to see all the factors which might have caused the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error in your Windows 10 PC.
17. Once done, you are supposed to eliminate the mentioned defaults from the operating system of your computer.
The remaining question would be if these Fixes are Safe to Use. Totally! All of the methods mentioned above are reliable and relevant. You can apply them on your computer without even thinking twice. The thing to remember is that each of the methods is to help you in fixing the error of the system.
Such errors can bother you and make you regret the moment you became the respective Window's user. And, believe us when we say that you do not want it!
Nevertheless, if you feel helped by us, and if any of the methods above fixed the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error, then share the article with your friends and family. Also, let us know your feedback. Your feedback means the most to us!
We do not want any of you to suffer from the technical issues like PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error, and that is why we have tried our best to serve you with every possible information needed to fix the error.